Close-out sale on Speich BH500 - BH1200 wiper blades! 35% off until they're gone!
Portlight frames can be made from the following materials:
• Steel frame with brass or aluminum glass frame assembly
• Aluminum frame with aluminum glass frame assembly
• Stainless steel frame with brass bezel glass retaining ring available for custom orders
• Spigot length available: Standard depth is 3”. Spigot protrudes through bulkhead plate to flush out with opposite side of bulkhead. Custom longer spigot lengths are available for additional cost.
• 8”, 10”, 12”, 14”, 16”, 18” clear glass area diameter
Deadlight cover specifications:
• Standard cover is made from cast aluminum
• Covers made from A36 mild steel, or 304 stainless steel available at an additional cost
• Portlights are available with or without a cover
• Holdback hooks and chain are available to secure deadlight cover and glass frame in open position
• 3/4” thick for 8” - 18” diameter clear glass area
• All glass is clear tempered plate
• 1/4” thick wire impregnated glass is the same price as clear tempered glass
Frosted glass is available upon request for an additional cost
• 1/8” thick flat neoprene gasket (between glass and frame)
• 5/16” x 3/8” x 5/16” extruded neoprene gasket for deadlight cover
Bell nut and screw assemblies:
• Used to secure deadlight cover in closed position
• 10” - 14” diameter reversed fixed lights use 5/8” dia. x 3-3/4” long screw
• 16” - 18” diameter reversed fixed lights use 3/4” dia. x 3-3/4” long screw
• Bronze frame with stainless steel mesh used for steel portlights
• Stainless steel frame with stainless steel mesh used for aluminum and stainless steel portlights
• Insect screens can be purchased separately
ABS Type Approval / Classing Agency Approval:
• All fixed lights are built to standards generally accepted by ABS, USCG, and other classing agencies.
• Fixed lights do NOT carry ABS “Type” approval. For further explanation, click here.
• Drawings and release letters are available for submission for classing agency review.
• It is the responsibility of the customer to verify which certification requirements (i.e. ABS, USCG, DNV, SOLAS) apply to their vessel, and to check with their local governing agency as to the requirements for certifications for all of the items quoted, based on the use for each item on the vessel, and the location of each item as installed on the vessel. Depending on the requirements of the governing agency, additional testing at the manufacturing plant may be required. A separate fee will be charged for any testing.
• Fixed lights conform to C-class fire rating - they are made of non-combustible materials, however, they are NOT designed or certified to resist the passage of fire from one space to another.