Close-out sale on Speich BH500 - BH1200 wiper blades! 35% off until they're gone!
Manholes can be made from the following materials:
• A36 mild (carbon) steel with these finishes:
• Grade 5000 series Aluminum
• 304 Stainless Steel
• 316 Stainless Steel
Manhole cover thickness: (any material)
• 3/8” thick = ABS Grade (standard thickness)
• Can get a thicker cover if needed
Deck ring dimensions
• 2-1/2” x 2-1/2” x 1/4” thick = Steel, Aluminum, or Stainless Steel
• Custom options, such as making deck ring taller than 2-1/2” are available
Standard outside diameter sizes:
• 15” x 23”
• 16” x 23”
• 18” x 24”
• Width of manhole clear opening divided by 2
• Example of measurements for 18” wide by 24” long hatch:
• 1/8” thick flat gasket with 21 holes
• Available in Neoprene or Buna-N
• Standard: plated bolts, washers, and nuts
• Optional (for additional cost): stainless steel bolts and washers, with brass or bronze nuts
• NPT plugs installed in cover
• Custom sizes available
ABS Type Approval / Classing Agency Approval:
• All manholes are built to standards generally accepted by ABS, USCG, and other classing agencies. See link to ABS Explanation
• Manholes do NOT carry ABS “Type” approval. For further explanation, click here.
• Drawings and release letters are available for submission for classing agency review.
• It is the responsibility of the customer to verify which certification requirements (i.e. ABS, USCG, DNV, SOLAS) apply to their vessel, and to check with their local governing agency as to the requirements for certifications for all of the items quoted, based on the use for each item on the vessel, and the location of each item as installed on the vessel. Depending on the requirements of the governing agency, additional testing at the manufacturing plant may be required. A separate fee will be charged for any testing.
• Manholes conform to C-class fire rating - they are made of non-combustible materials, however, they are NOT designed or certified to resist the passage of fire from one space to another.