Close-out sale on Speich BH500 - BH1200 wiper blades! 35% off until they're gone!
Hatches can be made from the following materials:
• A36 mild (carbon) steel with these finishes:
• Grade 5000 series Aluminum
• 304 Stainless Steel
• 316 Stainless Steel
Hatch cover features: (any material)
• 5/16” thick (for ABS Grade) or thicker if needed
• Lifting weight of cover when hinged = approximately 55% - 60% of total cover weight (without spring assist)
• OPTIONAL: Hatch cover can be insulated with a 2” thick layer of ceramic fiber or mineral wool, or fiberglass insulation behind a 10ga panel of sheet metal
• Either ceramic fiber or mineral wool is great for insulating for heat
• Fiberglass insulation is great for insulating for heat or cold
• 1/2” thick = Steel, Aluminum, or Stainless Steel
• Minimum coaming height: 6”
• Includes: 1/4” x 3” steel flat bars installed in base of coaming on 3” centers at 45 degree angle
• Includes centering guides to align cover when installed vertically on a bulkhead
• Optional: 1” x 1” x 14ga S/S screening to be installed in coaming in front of louvers when cover is open to prevent “bird entry” Bird screen can be fixed in coaming, or made with a frame to be removable
• For Clear opening less than 30” x 30” = 3” radius ID
• For Clear opening more than 30” x 30” = 6” radius ID
• 7/8” diameter x 5-1/2” long; Manganese Bronze; 6” wide wing nuts
• Drop bolts also made from 304 Stainless Steel, with 316 Stainless wing nuts
• Eye of drop bolt protrudes 2-1/2” from outside face of coaming
• Minimum clearance required between bulkhead and outside face of coaming is 5” to allow wing nut to rotate fully
• 30 +/- 5 Durometer extruded neoprene, 3/4” x 1-1/4”
ABS Type Approval / Classing Agency Approval:
• All doors are built to standards generally accepted by ABS, USCG, and other classing agencies.
• Doors do NOT carry ABS “Type” approval. For further explanation, click here.
• Drawings and release letters are available for submission for classing agency review.
• It is the responsibility of the customer to verify which certification requirements (i.e. ABS, USCG, DNV, SOLAS) apply to their vessel, and to check with their local governing agency as to the requirements for certifications for all of the items quoted, based on the use for each item on the vessel, and the location of each item as installed on the vessel. Depending on the requirements of the governing agency, additional testing at the manufacturing plant may be required. A separate fee will be charged for any testing.
• Doors conform to C-class fire rating - they are made of non-combustible materials, however, they are NOT designed or certified to resist the passage of fire from one space to another.