Hatches can be made from the following materials:
• A36 mild (carbon) steel with these finishes:
• Grade 5000 series Aluminum
• 304 Stainless Steel
• 316 Stainless Steel
Hatch cover features: (any material)
• 5/16” thick (for ABS Grade) or thicker if needed
• Schedule 40 Steel pipe, ASTM SA53-B Steel
• Coaming thickness varies on diameter of pipe
• Minimum coaming height: 6”
• 30 +/- 5 Durometer extruded neoprene, 3/4” x 1-1/4”
• Optional stainless steel flame screens are available upon request
ABS Type Approval / Classing Agency Approval:
• All doors are built to standards generally accepted by ABS, USCG, and other classing agencies.
• Doors do NOT carry ABS “Type” approval. For further explanation, click here.
• Drawings and release letters are available for submission for classing agency review.
• It is the responsibility of the customer to verify which certification requirements (i.e. ABS, USCG, DNV, SOLAS) apply to their vessel, and to check with their local governing agency as to the requirements for certifications for all of the items quoted, based on the use for each item on the vessel, and the location of each item as installed on the vessel. Depending on the requirements of the governing agency, additional testing at the manufacturing plant may be required. A separate fee will be charged for any testing.
• Doors conform to C-class fire rating - they are made of non-combustible materials, however, they are NOT designed or certified to resist the passage of fire from one space to another.