Close-out sale on Speich BH500 - BH1200 wiper blades! 35% off until they're gone!
Hatches can be made from the following materials:
• A36 mild (carbon) steel with these finishes:
• Grade 5000 series Aluminum
• 304 Stainless Steel
• 316 Stainless Steel
Hatch cover features: (any material)
• 5/16” thick (for ABS Grade) or thicker if needed
• OPTIONAL: Hatch cover can be insulated with a 2” thick layer of ceramic fiber or mineral wool, or fiberglass insulation behind a 10ga panel of sheet metal
• Ceramic fiber or mineral wool are great for insulating for heat
• Fiberglass insulation is great for insulating for heat or cold
• 3/8” thick = Steel, Aluminum, or Stainless Steel
• Minimum coaming height: 4”
• NOTE: a 1 inch diameter or larger drain must be installed in coaming by customer to prevent accumulation of water around hatch cover. Failure to install a drain can lead to corrosion of coaming, which may eventually cause hatch to leak. Coupling for drain can be installed by the manufacturer if customer indicates on a drawing the desired location for the drain.
• Width of hatch divided by 2
• Example of measurements for 20” wide by 36” long hatch:
• Dog assemblies available with cast aluminum dog handles with a stainless steel dog stud, and cast bronze dog handles with a brass dog stud.
• Operable with a hex wrench from topside, with direction arrows to indicate open position
• For scuttles made before February 2015, dog stud head had a slotted head instead of a hex head. T-wrenches are required for operating t-slot dog studs from topside.
• Dog handles are interchangeable - there is no right-hand or left-hand for flush individual dogs.
• 30 +/- 5 Durometer extruded neoprene, 3/4” x 1-1/4”
ABS Type Approval / Classing Agency Approval:
• All doors are built to standards generally accepted by ABS, USCG, and other classing agencies.
• Doors do NOT carry ABS “Type” approval. For further explanation, click here.
• Drawings and release letters are available for submission for classing agency review.
• It is the responsibility of the customer to verify which certification requirements (i.e. ABS, USCG, DNV, SOLAS) apply to their vessel, and to check with their local governing agency as to the requirements for certifications for all of the items quoted, based on the use for each item on the vessel, and the location of each item as installed on the vessel. Depending on the requirements of the governing agency, additional testing at the manufacturing plant may be required. A separate fee will be charged for any testing.
• Doors conform to C-class fire rating - they are made of non-combustible materials, however, they are NOT designed or certified to resist the passage of fire from one space to another.