Close-out sale on Speich BH500 - BH1200 wiper blades! 35% off until they're gone!
Door has a large door panel for removal of large equipment, with a smaller door for personnel entry/exit of a space installed in the larger door panel.
Doors can be made from the following materials:
• A36 mild (carbon) steel with these finishes:
• Grade 5000 series Aluminum
• 304 Stainless Steel
• 316 Stainless Steel
Door panel thickness: (any material)
• 1/4” thick or thicker if required
• OPTIONAL: Door panel can be insulated with a 2” thick layer of ceramic fiber or mineral wool, or fiberglass insulation behind a 10ga panel of sheet metal
• Ceramic fiber or mineral wool are great for insulating for heat
• Fiberglass insulation is great for insulating for heat or cold.
• Standard frame width (for weld-on installation)
• Concrete frame width (for bolt-on installation on a concrete wall)
Differences in dimensions for standard frame width: (example)
• Clear opening = 60” wide x 80” tall
• Rough opening = 63” wide x 83” tall
• Outside of frame dimension = 66” wide x 86” tall
• 96” = Maximum outside of frame dimension for standard less-than-truckload (LTL) ground freight. If both outside of frame dimensions exceed 96”, a special permitted load must be priced for shipping.
• Cut-out opening (RO) for concrete wall is Clear opening (CO) + 3”
Corner radius on frame:
• Clear Opening = 8”
• Bulkhead Cut-out = 9 1/2”
• Outside of Frame = 11”
• Square corners are available for the door panel (see drawing #103), however they do not seal as well as the radius corners, and they are more expensive to build.
• Also available with radius corners on the clear opening (knife edge) of the door frame, and square corners on the outside edge of the frame. This makes it possible to install a door with radius corners on a square rough opening.
Dog Handing (when looking at door panel from the inside)
• Dog on Right edge of door panel = Right-hand
• Dog on Left edge of door panel = Left-hand
• Top & bottom dogs = 1 Right-hand, and 1 Left-hand
• Check out our video on how to determine dog handing
• 30 +/- 5 Durometer extruded neoprene, 3/4” x 1-1/4”
• The maximum size fixed light (Drawing #500) in a door panel is the clear opening width minus 12”
• The maximum size reversed fixed light with a cover (Drawing #600) in a door panel is the clear opening width minus 16”
Spacing for Door Swing:
• To allow door to open a full 180 degrees, no equipment can be installed any closer than the Clear Opening dimension + 8”
• Example: Door clear opening = 30”, a distance of 38” next to the hinge-side of the door must be left clear for the door to swing open a full 180 degrees.
• At the end of a hallway, add 9” to the clear opening for a 90 degree swing.
ABS Type Approval / Classing Agency Approval:
• All doors are built to standards generally accepted by ABS, USCG, and other classing agencies.
• Doors do NOT carry ABS “Type” approval. For further explanation, click here.
• Drawings and release letters are available for submission for classing agency review.
• It is the responsibility of the customer to verify which certification requirements (i.e. ABS, USCG, DNV, SOLAS) apply to their vessel, and to check with their local governing agency as to the requirements for certifications for all of the items quoted, based on the use for each item on the vessel, and the location of each item as installed on the vessel. Depending on the requirements of the governing agency, additional testing at the manufacturing plant may be required. A separate fee will be charged for any testing.
• Doors conform to C-class fire rating - they are made of non-combustible materials, however, they are NOT designed or certified to resist the passage of fire from one space to another.